Enhanced Bluetooth BMW
What is Enhanced Bluetooth BMW?
In BMW cars there are two options of Bluetooth which you can choose from.
- Enhanced Bluetooth BMW
- Basic Bluetooth
Depending on your BMW model, you get one of the Bluetooth options in your car. Updating Bluetooth solely depends on your BMW model. Some models, even after updating the software, won't even have the new features. So we strongly recommend checking your car model first by putting your VIN in the search bar of our home page.
Enhanced Bluetooth and Basic Bluetooth have some differences between them. Below is a list of comparison between both the options.
- Phone contact book access
- Handsfree Calling capability
- Phone contact book access
- Handsfree Calling
- Pair two phones at a time
- Connect your iPhone via USB cable
- BMW Bluetooth music streaming
- Stream music through a phone via USB port
- Art covers of Albums
- Office option (reading and sending messages, calendar, tasks, notes)
- BMW Bluetooth audio streaming
- These are the basic differences between both options. As you can see Enhanced Bluetooth has an edge over basic Bluetooth. This BMW Bluetooth update has some great features. We will explain some of them below.
Pairing two phones with Bluetooth:
Obvious from its name this feature allows you to pair two phones with Bluetooth at the same time. You can listen to music from one phone and easily make calls from the other one connected with your BMW. For example, if you have other passengers in your car and one of them has their phone connected to your car at the same time you can connect your phone as well and can receive calls and send messages without any disturbance.
With the Basic Bluetooth option, you can just skip to next/previous songs. But if you have Enhanced Bluetooth activated in your BMW you can access the whole playlist and choose whichever song you want to listen too. BMW Bluetooth audio
Streaming music through USB port:
With Enhanced Bluetooth activated, you can easily connect your phone with a cord to the USB port and can listen to music. This option seems the same as the previous one but there is a difference between both. The audio quality is enhanced when you connect your phone with a USB cord for streaming music.
In Basic Bluetooth, you also have the option to play music through the USB port but you can only play mp3 music from a USB stick. You cannot connect your phone for streaming music.
Enhanced Bluetooth OR Apple CarPlay?:
An alternative to Enhanced Bluetooth is Apple Carplay. It lets you enjoy the usability of your phone on the iDrive unit and with SIRI integrated you can use voice commands to perform different tasks like listening to music and tell it to skip to next/previous song. To read more about Apple Carplay and its features click HERE.
But Apple Carplay has some shortcomings as well. For example, if you are an android user you cannot connect to Apple Carplay software. The 'Pairing two phones with Bluetooth' option is also not available in Apple Carplay app.
Activating Enhanced Bluetooth via USB coding:
You can easily activate Enhanced Bluetooth option in your BMW via USB coding. This process is simple and you can do it in your home comfortably. After you order the software, we will send you the product and simple instructions along with it. You don't have to worry about anything as these processes don't even void your warranty. You can learn more about the Coding process HERE.
Bluetooth pairing your phone to your BMW:
Pairing your phone with your BMW is simple
- After starting your BMW go to Bluetooth on your mobile and explore for new devices.
- You'll see a device title starting from "BMW". Select the device.
- After that enter your BMW Bluetooth passkey. ( We will tell you about the Bluetooth PassKey in next section)
- After inserting your Bluetooth passkey accurately the iDrive menu will tell you that pairing was successful.
Where will I get my BMW Bluetooth passkey?:
Obtain the Bluetooth passkey from your user manual of BMW. You don't need to worry if you have lost your user manual. The passkey is written on the Bluetooth module itself. In most of the BMWs, this is located at the back of the car. With the trunk open, the inner trim on one side will have a detachable panel covering the amplifier. The Bluetooth module is located near the amplifier and has a sticker on it written "PK" -passkey- followed by a four-digit PIN code.
How to repair Bluetooth if it's not working:
Bluetooth sometimes do not work in BMWs after the software is updated. This can happen because some features of your car are deactivated. By following these 3 steps you can check if the features are active or not.
- Go to your iDrive communication menu
- Choose manage mobile devices.
- Click on your mobile & see if all the options are checked.
Sometimes this process doesn't work. But don't worry, there is another way.
- Disconnect and reconnect your mobile device.
- Open Bluetooth settings to delete the device.
- Open Bluetooth setting of your mobile and click on forget your vehicle.
- Try to reconnect your phone now.
Hopefully, you'll be able to connect your phone with your car now.
OEM Navigations offers three Enhanced Bluetooth software options.
- NBT Units
- EVO ID4
- EVO ID5/6.
You can choose from one of these depending on your car model.
With the hassle-free BMW enhanced Bluetooth coding option, you can easily code your BMW and install the software in the comfort of your home. Our prices are quite reasonable and softwares reliable. So in our opinion, the ultimate BMW Bluetooth solution is installing the Enhanced Bluetooth BMW in your iDrive unit.
If you want any further assistance you can reach us HERE. There is a video below in which you can see how to check compatible products for your BMW.